Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Season 2008, how it all started and results




2008 was my first Triathlon season. I was Mountainbiking before, enjoing this sport very much.

It is when I decided to diversify my training that I started to go swimming again and, due to lack of snow on christmans 2006 in Finland I also bought a pair of runing shoes and start running (never stopped since). When going swimming at the Calypso pool, I was noticing a group of people swimming with penguin like suits and talking about triathlons, fast transitions, ironman.... I was fascinated by their swimming and by the stories thet were telling. finally I could talk to Jak Waimes, he explained me about the RCBT club, about short distance, olimpic distance and long Ironman distance Triathlons.
He introduced me to Jean Cristhophe Paquet, the President of RCBT and Hawaii competitor and finisher. After few swimming sessions (fast) with him and a "I asked a lot of questions" lunch I was hooked!! I signd up with RCBT and registered for Ironman Nice...... how crazy is that? I only did one olimpic distance triathlon (in Chievres) before.


So, I found a 30 weeks training programme, shaved my legs and started training for the ultimate TRI experience. That was hard at the beginning but the programme was very progressive and well done (except for the lack of hill training that I discoverd too late it would be helpful for a race like Nice) it was still pretty hard but a pure pleasure to get fir for a demanding sport like triathlon

in 2008 I competed in the following triathlons:

- Belgian champ.ship per team in Landen (sprint Distance)-18th position in 1h

- Ironmanneke de l'Otan (SD) 15th position overall and 2nd M40 in 1h01'
- Eau d'Heure SC LBFTD (OD) 72nd scratch and 20th M40 in 2h18
- IronMan Nice (3.8; 180; 42) 535 scrach and 100 M40 in 11h36
- IronMies Hollola Finland (0.800; 22; 4 - ricreational level) 1° scratch in 1h13'
- La Gileppe Supercoupe LBFTD (OD) 32nd scrach and 10th M40 in 2h11'
- Chievres Supercoupe LFBTD (OD) 16th scratch and 2nd M40 in 2h21'
- Oupeye Championnat inter-equipes LFBTD (SD) 3rd in 55'44"
A great season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all this thanks to a great team the RCBT: way to go guys cant wait for next season!!

A post will follow on the 2008 podiums

No comments: